- It is the Decision making centre of government.
- It is the Symbol of Indentity.
- It is the Controller of territory & guarrantor of Security.
- It is an Authoritative & Legitimate Political Institution.
- It is a system of Socio-Economic Organisation, the target of citizen demands for providing supplies or services.
When we reflect on the given list of 5 points, we can almost strike out 2,4,5 with ??? 3 as one can argue that State (Fiji) is no longer performing its basic State functions. True, Fiji is under Military rule, however, Bainimarama & his regime wants to declare it still maintains its Sovereignity when in essence, the coup itself killed Sovereignity. This at least will be the people's responses if the regime is to be judged by its legitimacy & authority on the basis of their performance which upto now almost 02 years 5 months later has been filled with 'pipe-dreams'.